Posts for tag: Laser Surgery
Are you disappointed with variations in your skin texture or color? Are acne scars or that old tattoo major embarrassments? At the dermatology office of Dr. Patricia McCormack in Staten Island, NY, laser surgery treats many of these issues and more. Read on to learn why lasers are today's innovative way to achieve the skin aesthetics that you desire.
What role does laser surgery play in modern dermatology?
For both doctors and patients, lasers are truly life-changing. They treat a wide variety of skin conditions in a minimally invasive way. There's no pain, no hospital stays, and little-to-no downtime.
Once cleared with a skin exam and review of medical history, many of Dr. McCormack's Staten Island dermatology patients qualify for laser surgery. People see appreciable results right away and many times need just one treatment for the optimal outcome.
Procedures are quick and comfortable, and typically, patients return to their daily routines the same or next day. Depending on the details of the case, patients may require multiple treatments to achieve the desired outcomes.
What dermatology conditions can laser surgery treat?
Lasers improve skin color, texture, and overall appearance. The Yale School of Medicine says that laser treatment of the skin also restores a brightness and elasticity often lost to aging. Laser light stimulates youthful collagen, an important skin protein.
Laser treatments Dr. McCormack offers to healthy teens and adults address these common problems:
- Acne scarring
- Hyperpigmentation related to aging
- Tattoo removal
- Spider veins
- Unwanted hair
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks from pregnancy and weight loss
- Toenail fungus
Rest assured, you'll receive a care plan customized to your skin goals and preferences.
Love your skin
Laser surgery from Dr. Patricia McCormack makes it a sure thing. To learn more, schedule a dermatology consultation at one of her three offices. In Staten Island, phone (718) 698-1616. For the Linden office, call (908) 925-8877. In Point Pleasant Beach, contact us at (732) 295-1331.
Several different types of laser surgery procedures are available for treating a wide range of cosmetic concerns. For example, laser surgery can be used to treat acne scars, reduce wrinkles, and remove unwanted hair. A dermatologist can recommend which the right laser surgery procedures for addressing your specific concerns. Dr. Patricia McCormack is your dermatologist for laser surgery in Point Pleasant Beach, Linden, NJ, or Staten
Laser Surgery Procedures
Laser surgery can address a variety of aesthetic concerns. Procedures are available for treating acne scars, pigmented lesions or sun spots, stretch marks, wrinkles, rosacea, and vascular birthmarks. Laser surgery can also be used for the removal of both tattoos and unwanted hair. In many cases, several laser treatment sessions are needed to achieve the desired results. Your Staten Island dermatologist for laser surgery can help you decide whether or not a specific laser surgery procedure is right for you.
The different types of laser surgery include:
- Acne scars — Light from the laser repairs scar tissues and stimulates the production of new skin cells. Acne scars eventually fade away as new skin cells form and replace scarred tissue.
- Pigmented lesions — Light destroys the cells that produce melanin causing pigmented areas, such as sun or age spots, to eventually fade.
- Stretch marks — Light beams minimize the appearance of stretch marks by stimulating collagen production and removing the outer layer of skin to expose smoother skin underneath.
- Wrinkles — Laser light smooths out wrinkles by removing the outer layer of skin to reveal smoother skin underneath, and also stimulates collagen production.
- Rosacea — The heat from the laser light beam collapses the blood vessels responsible for the redness caused by rosacea.
- Vascular birthmarks — Laser light targets the blood vessels that form the birthmark. As the light collapses the blood vessels, the birthmark fades away.
- Hair removal — Light damages hair follicles and stalls new hair growth, eliminating unwanted hair.
- Tattoo removal —High-intensity light beams break up the pigments of the tattoo, causing the colors to fade.
There are many laser surgery procedures for improving the appearance of skin affected by acne scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, or other concerns. A dermatologist can recommend the right procedure(s) for addressing your concerns and helping you achieve your desired results. For laser surgery in Staten Island, NY, schedule an appointment with Dr. McCormack by calling (718) 698-1616. Appointments are also available in Linden by calling (908) 925-8877 or Point Pleasant Beach by calling (732) 295-1331.