Posts for tag: Laser Surgery
Laser surgery from your dermatologist in Staten Island, NY, and Linden, and Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, can help you look your best.
Lasers have developed into one of the most sought-after technologies in medicine, especially in the field of dermatology. There are many ways dermatology laser surgery can improve your appearance.
Dr. Patricia McCormack of Dermatology & Laser Center offers a wide variety of medical and cosmetic dermatology services, including laser surgery, to help you look your best. She has three convenient office locations in Staten Island, NY, and Linden, and Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, to help you and your skin look great.
There are a few things you should know about dermatology laser surgery.
- Dermatology laser surgery provides excellent results; lasers provide very precise surgical results, which means you will have a better outcome, and a beautiful appearance.
- Dermatology laser surgery is easier to recover from, with minimal bleeding, less scarring, and less downtime.
- Dermatology laser surgery is quick; most procedures can be done in just a few appointments, with maintenance treatments suggested every few months.
You owe it to yourself to discover what dermatology laser surgery can do for you including:
- Laser resurfacing treatment, if you want to reduce the signs of aging. Dermatology laser treatment improves how your skin looks and feels, smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines. Laser treatment can also lift sagging skin, remove acne scarring, and minimize the appearance of varicose veins or sun damage.
- Laser hair removal treatment, if you have unwanted hair. Unlike electrolysis, lasers can remove hair over larger areas like your back and legs. It’s great for smaller areas too, like your chin and upper lip.
- Laser tattoo removal treatment, if you want to get rid of a tattoo. Lasers fade away the tattoo, dissolving the pigment layer by layer until the tattoo is gone. If you’ve outgrown an old tattoo, you can get rid of it, thanks to laser tattoo removal.
To find out more about what dermatology laser surgery can do for you, talk with an expert, dermatologist Dr. Patricia McCormack of Dermatology & Laser Center. You can reach her at her office in Staten Island, NY, at (718) 698-1616, in Linden NJ, at (908) 925-8877, or in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ, at (732) 295-1331. Call now!
You wish to improve your fine lines, remove signs of aging and address an acne scar or two. What cosmetic procedure can do all that? In Staten Island, NY, Dr. Patricia McCormack performs easy, quick and comfortable laser surgeries that improve skin appearance, color and texture.
Laser surgery and dermatology
Over the past decades, dermatologists have integrated small, handheld lasers into their medical and aesthetic practices, reports the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. At Dr. Patricia McCormack's office in Staten Island, NY, patients enjoy the many benefits and versatility of these sutureless, comfortable and quick treatments. There's little to no downtime afterward, too.
Dr. McCormack employs the PicoSure laser and other laser tools for a variety of aesthetic skin treatments, including:
- Acne pitting and other kinds of scars
- Tattoo removal
- Fine lines and wrinkles on the face
- Birthmark removal
- Spider vein removal
- Dark spot brightening
- Toenail fungus treatment
- Stretch marks from pregnancy and weight loss
Your laser procedure
Dr. McCormack will evaluate your areas of concern personally. She will recommend the number of laser treatments you need for optimal results and maintenance of your skin goals.
Most patients refrain from sun exposure for up to four weeks before their treatments. The day of your surgery, your skin will receive a special cleansing and numbing cream.
The procedure itself lasts 30 minutes or more depending on your needs and the areas requiring treatment. Repeat procedures occur at intervals determined by Dr. McCormack.
As you relax in the treatment chair, you will feel a sensation of warmth. Also, some people report a mild snapping feeling as the doctor delivers short bursts of focused light to your skin surface.
Afterward, you can leave the office to rest at home. Most people go back to work the next day.
You may feel some tenderness, and your skin may look a bit puffy and red for a day or two. Some procedures require limited bandaging. Best of all, you'll see a noticeable improvement in skin color and texture and excellent clearance of tattoo ink, small blood vessels or whatever your particular skin defects were.
Find out more
In Staten Island, NY, patients of all ages enjoy the many benefits of medical and aesthetic dermatology with Dr. Patricia McCormack. Her laser surgery treatments produce excellent outcomes. Learn more by contacting one of our three locations. In Staten Island, phone (718) 698-1616. In Linden, call (908) 925-8877, or for the Point Pleasant Beach office, phone (732) 295-1331.
Are you disappointed with variations in your skin texture or color? Are acne scars or that old tattoo major embarrassments? At the dermatology office of Dr. Patricia McCormack in Staten Island, NY, laser surgery treats many of these issues and more. Read on to learn why lasers are today's innovative way to achieve the skin aesthetics that you desire.
What role does laser surgery play in modern dermatology?
For both doctors and patients, lasers are truly life-changing. They treat a wide variety of skin conditions in a minimally invasive way. There's no pain, no hospital stays, and little-to-no downtime.
Once cleared with a skin exam and review of medical history, many of Dr. McCormack's Staten Island dermatology patients qualify for laser surgery. People see appreciable results right away and many times need just one treatment for the optimal outcome.
Procedures are quick and comfortable, and typically, patients return to their daily routines the same or next day. Depending on the details of the case, patients may require multiple treatments to achieve the desired outcomes.
What dermatology conditions can laser surgery treat?
Lasers improve skin color, texture, and overall appearance. The Yale School of Medicine says that laser treatment of the skin also restores a brightness and elasticity often lost to aging. Laser light stimulates youthful collagen, an important skin protein.
Laser treatments Dr. McCormack offers to healthy teens and adults address these common problems:
- Acne scarring
- Hyperpigmentation related to aging
- Tattoo removal
- Spider veins
- Unwanted hair
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks from pregnancy and weight loss
- Toenail fungus
Rest assured, you'll receive a care plan customized to your skin goals and preferences.
Love your skin
Laser surgery from Dr. Patricia McCormack makes it a sure thing. To learn more, schedule a dermatology consultation at one of her three offices. In Staten Island, phone (718) 698-1616. For the Linden office, call (908) 925-8877. In Point Pleasant Beach, contact us at (732) 295-1331.
Several different types of laser surgery procedures are available for treating a wide range of cosmetic concerns. For example, laser surgery can be used to treat acne scars, reduce wrinkles, and remove unwanted hair. A dermatologist can recommend which the right laser surgery procedures for addressing your specific concerns. Dr. Patricia McCormack is your dermatologist for laser surgery in Point Pleasant Beach, Linden, NJ, or Staten
Laser Surgery Procedures
Laser surgery can address a variety of aesthetic concerns. Procedures are available for treating acne scars, pigmented lesions or sun spots, stretch marks, wrinkles, rosacea, and vascular birthmarks. Laser surgery can also be used for the removal of both tattoos and unwanted hair. In many cases, several laser treatment sessions are needed to achieve the desired results. Your Staten Island dermatologist for laser surgery can help you decide whether or not a specific laser surgery procedure is right for you.
The different types of laser surgery include:
- Acne scars — Light from the laser repairs scar tissues and stimulates the production of new skin cells. Acne scars eventually fade away as new skin cells form and replace scarred tissue.
- Pigmented lesions — Light destroys the cells that produce melanin causing pigmented areas, such as sun or age spots, to eventually fade.
- Stretch marks — Light beams minimize the appearance of stretch marks by stimulating collagen production and removing the outer layer of skin to expose smoother skin underneath.
- Wrinkles — Laser light smooths out wrinkles by removing the outer layer of skin to reveal smoother skin underneath, and also stimulates collagen production.
- Rosacea — The heat from the laser light beam collapses the blood vessels responsible for the redness caused by rosacea.
- Vascular birthmarks — Laser light targets the blood vessels that form the birthmark. As the light collapses the blood vessels, the birthmark fades away.
- Hair removal — Light damages hair follicles and stalls new hair growth, eliminating unwanted hair.
- Tattoo removal —High-intensity light beams break up the pigments of the tattoo, causing the colors to fade.
There are many laser surgery procedures for improving the appearance of skin affected by acne scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, or other concerns. A dermatologist can recommend the right procedure(s) for addressing your concerns and helping you achieve your desired results. For laser surgery in Staten Island, NY, schedule an appointment with Dr. McCormack by calling (718) 698-1616. Appointments are also available in Linden by calling (908) 925-8877 or Point Pleasant Beach by calling (732) 295-1331.